by The Bees
The Nike Victory Red forged wedge is designed with high rev grooves that are milled into the club head up to the allowable limit to produce maximum spin for increased control and shot placement. A tour-inspired heel grind allows for increased shot-making capabilities from various lies.
Picking up the wedge, I can see their high standards and keen eye for detail has been manifested onto the stick. With lovely clean lines of a traditional wedge head shape and a pleasing colour scheme, the Nike VR makes for a really good first impression.
TheNike Victory Red Forged Wedge features High Rev Grooves, 1025 carbon steel construction and a versatile heel grind to deliver the performance you’ve come to expect from Nike Golf. It has the following features:
1. High Rev Grooves: The aggressive High Rev grooves are designed and milled into the club head up to the allowable limit to produce maximum spin for increased control and shot placement.
2. 1025 Forged Carbon Steel: Precision forged and machined to precise tolerances for unsurpassed feel. The material of choice for accomplished players.
3. Versatile Heel Grind: Tour-inspired heel grind allows for increased shot-making capabilities from various lies.
4. CNC Milled Face: CNC milled-flat face ensures uniform ball compression for consistent ball flight.
5. Victory Red Grip by Eaton Grips: Designed for maximum grip on the top half, and fantastic feel on the bottom, these grips will give you control and power shot after shot
This club produces lots of backspin. I got up and down for par 5 times last round. To up hill pins I was able to hit it 5 feet short of the hold let it hop once and stop. My last wedge was a cavity back cast iron, so that might be the biggest difference, but I really like the action on this nike wedge. If you are making a similar switch as me be ready for a slightly lower ball flight initially. But once you get used it, you will love it.
This wedge is incredible and very very durable. I switched from the Titleist Vokey (56° & 60°) to these (56° & 60°). I have never brought the ball back as far as these wedges have. I was able to adjust to them pretty easily and you can not even tell that I have played 3 rounds with them, they still look new.
The Nike VR Forged is versatile and forgiving enough for players of all levels, though the more advanced player will benefit the most from the high level of spin, feel and precision offered. Its amazing what you can do with new grooves.